Built in 1878, it was a “Court of Summary Jurisdiction” and therefore not presided over by a Judge, but two local JP’s or a visiting Magistrate.
Classified by the National Trust, the Courthouse was closed in 1968 and is now in the care of the Rocky River Historic and Art Society.
The Rocky River Historic & Art Society, founded in 1978, has the heritage-listed Court House as its home. The Court House Gallery hosts regular art exhibitions, including the annual Laura Fair Exhibition held each year in autumn.
The Gallery is also available for hire for individual exhibitions; conditions for hire are available by email: firstname.lastname@example.org